I am an award-winning freelance photographer based in London (UK) specialising in rock and metal live music photography.
When I first started going to gigs around 1999 I found myself taking photos with a little point-and-shoot camera, trying to capture the action. In January 2015 I received my first DSLR as a birthday present and managed to get a couple of photo passes to shoot gigs around London. In the early days I photographed in-store band signing events at PULP on Oxford Street and was part of the old House Photography team at MAMA & Co venues (including The Barfly and The Borderline).
In June 2015 I travelled to Norway to photograph Tons of Rock festival as part of a photography workshop, which was when my passion for documenting live music really kicked in. I have returned to photograph the festival every year since and have been lucky enough to photograph some big international acts there including Slayer, KISS, Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper.
Back home in London I shoot at music venues of various sizes - including The Black Heart, Brixton Academy, Kentish Town Forum, and Wembley Arena. I am part of the photography team at both The Moshville Times and Stitched Sound, as well as writing live music reviews and other articles for both publications. In 2018 I became the Photo Editor at The Moshville Times. I have had my work published in Kerrang! Magazine and Revolver Magazine as well as on a variety of online music blogs.
In 2018 I exhibited my work at Shout About It Live: a music festival and photography exhibition in Liverpool organised by fellow music photographers. I am proud to be part of the Women In Live Music collective, and exhibited a selection of my work at their 2018 awards event in London.
Past clients include:
- Never Fade Records (photographing monthly "Never Fade Sessions" plus ad-hoc artist photography)
- The Bias Cut (fashion photography)
- Mothership Group (house photography team: Hoxton Square Bar + Kitchen)
- Feisty Magazine (photographer)
- PULP / Sports Direct (photographing in-store signing events at their Oxford Street store)
- MAMA & Co (house photography team: The Borderline, The Barfly & The Garage)
- Kopparberg Urban Forest festival 2015 (photography team)